My being a fat woman does not mean:
- I am desperate.
- That it takes less on your part to be romantic.
- That I will jump into bed with you because you “pity” me.
- That I have to be attracted to you if you are attracted to me.
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
But things work out, you know? Even if it doesn’t feel okay for a long time, or even if it feels like things will never be okay again, everything works out in the end. Lauren Morrill, Meant to Be (via simply-quotes)
just saw this on facebook, thought I’d share
we gonna get the proper justice for you. rip angel
All endings are also beginnings. We just don’t know it at the time. Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet In Heaven (via pursuitofbeing)